Wednesday, September 05, 2007

SOHO Conference Sept 3 2007 at Berjaya Times Square

I facilitated the "Working from Home: Smart Strategies for a Thriving Home Business and a Balanced Life" workshop at the recent SOHO (Small Office Home Office) Conference held on September 3rd 2007 at Berjaya Times Square. Many of the questions raised by participants brought back memories of how difficult it was for me to begin working from home 14 years ago.

At that time, I had no one to turn to ... I didn't know who to ask when the going got tough! I recall that the decision to work from home was made because it made sense to me; although at that time it did not to many others, friends and family included.

The 1.5-hour session did not allow much to be covered - I only managed to provide glimpses and a general idea of how to start and run a SOHO. Certainly, running a SOHO is not for everyone. It only works if you truly love what you do and are determined to succeed. Plus, you MUST have a healthy dose of positive thoughts on a daily basis!

The session served as a preview for a comprehensive workshop to be held later this year, most likely in December. Look out for an announcement in this blog as well as at e-homemakers!

No comments: