Monday, January 19, 2009

Second Book Coming Up!

Phew! Finally, I'm almost finished with revising the draft for my second book ... yet again. Just have one more section to complete. This time, after I got feedback from an editor. I have lost count how many times I have revised the copy. I don't know about other authors. For me, it's a l-o-n-g process of writing, putting it into the cold, followed by rewriting. Many times, that is. Sometimes I go to bed at night wondering if the book will ever get published. Yet I will wake up each morning convinced that it will!

As Paulo Coelho said, "When a person truly desires something, the whole universe conspires to help that person realise his dream."

Wishful thinking in difficult times like this? I think not. Good times or bad times, it's always those who have faith in themselves who succeed.

Anyway, a tip for aspiring writers:

Some time ago I stumbled upon a book by Sol Stein entitled "Stein on Writing". It's a lovely read and worth your time. Doesn't matter if you do fiction or non-fiction. Stein has done both. In fact, one thing I learnt from him was that you could do both equally well. I used to think if you're into non-fiction, you can't shine in fiction and vice-versa. Glad to discover I was wrong!

No comments: